Minimally Invasive Dental Surgery in Dallas
Most patients who experience receding gums chalk it up to a cosmetic issue, but the truth is that gum recession also poses risks to a person’s overall oral health. At Lynn Dental Care, Dr. Brock Lynn is trained to offer the minimally invasive Pinhole® Surgical Technique. Unlike gum grafting, the Pinhole Surgical Technique does not require grafts, scalpels or sutures and is a gentle solution to treating gum recession. This makes it a less invasive than traditional gum grafting with generally fewer post-operative symptoms and shorter recovery time.
How the Pinhole Surgical Technique Works
The Pinhole Surgical Technique is the most minimally invasive approach to treating gum recession because it does not involve any scalpels or sutures and causes virtually no bleeding. Because it is an advanced treatment that requires extensive training, it can be difficult to find a periodontist who is able to do it, but Dr. Lynn is trained and certified Pinhole Surgical Technique dentist for our patients in Dallas. As far as the process goes, it is quite simple and involves the following steps:
- Dr. Lynn will make a tiny hole the size of a pin in your gums just above your exposed tooth roots.
- Using ultra small tools, our team will simply readjust the gum tissue over the teeth and hold it in place with alloderm.
The process is so quick, painless, and simple that we are often able to treat multiple teeth affected by gum recession during the same appointment.
What are the Benefits of the Pinhole Surgery Technique?
The Pinhole Surgical Technique can offer a few advantages over traditionally used gum grafts in the following ways:
- Being a minimally invasive procedure, the pinhole incision may be gone by the next day.
- It is not necessary to take tissue from the palate or other parts of your mouth.
- Traditional grafts often require longer recovery periods and only a small portion of the mouth can be done. Using the pinhole surgery technique, depending on your circumstance, the whole mouth could be treated at the same time. Again, that depends on your consultation.
- There is no need for sutures, so that's a great benefit as well.
The Pinhole Surgery Technique in Dallas is an excellent choice. Contact Lynn Dental Care in Dallas today to schedule your appointment.
A Quick, Easy, and Painless Process
Choosing the Pinhole Surgical Technique gives you quick and effective results you can see the same day. Many patients choose this option because of how gentle, easy to heal and quick it is, and many patients can go back to work the very next day with no discomfort. Unlike traditional gum grafting, you won’t have to wait weeks for your mouth to fully heal and can go back to a normal routine as soon as the very next day. The Pinhole Surgical Technique can protect your tooth roots and aesthetically improve your smile in just one simple appointment.
Conscious Sedation Available In-House
Relaxing Office Environment
Continuous Education for Our Team Members
Board-Certified in Dental Implants & Periodontics
IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS
“Dr. Brock Lynn is very personable and that includes his team. He was very patient with me during my little tears session and got me taken care of in a very quick period of time.”- Roxanna J.
“My hygienist was completely covered in PPE and I felt safe. Healthy teeth are important to overall health and I’m glad I had a good experience during such an uncertain time.”- Jill T.
“I am impressed with the way they keep up with technology and advanced techniques that other dentists have either not learned about or not yet incorporated.”- Claire B.