Holistic Periodontal Therapy in Dallas, TX
Because of the link between gum health and overall health, Lynn Dental Care emphasizes the importance of diagnosing and treating gum disease before it has the chance to develop. Our holistic dental practice is here to help you achieve overall health through your dental care, including gentle periodontal therapy and routine preventive exams.
How Does Gum Disease Affect Total Body Health?
Researchers have linked gum disease to systemic health conditions, as the infection and bacteria in your mouth can spread through the bloodstream and affect other parts of your body. In order to keep your entire body healthy, our Dallas dental practice offers gum disease treatments that are minimally invasive and will get you on the path towards overall health.
- Heart disease: When gums become infected, blood flow can lead to an infection that travels through the body to the heart. Inflammation in the gums can also cause damage to the blood vessels that travel to the heart.
- Stroke: Studies have found that inflamed gums can harden the arteries that travel to the brain, slowing or even blocking blood flow. When blood can’t reach your brain, a stroke can occur.
- Diabetes: Gum disease can make it difficult to keep blood sugar under control. Those who can’t keep their blood sugar under control have an enhanced risk of further development of diabetes and gum disease.
- Pregnancy problems: Women with periodontal disease are at risk of adverse pregnancy problems such as low birth weight in babies and giving birth prematurely.
- Osteoporosis: Gum disease is known to cause damage to the jawbone that supports the teeth. As this bone deteriorates, the likelihood of tooth loss increases.
Advanced Gum Therapy at Lynn Dental Care
As a board-certified periodontist, Dr. Brock Lynn has specialty training in the identification and treatment of all forms of gum disease. We offer a variety of effective treatments at Lynn Dental Care, from scaling and root planing to time-tested osseous surgery and even state-of-the-art laser dentistry.
Dr. Lynn is certified and experienced in using our dental laser for gentle LANAP® treatment of all forms of gum disease, even for gum disease affecting a dental implant. Our periodontist is here to help you maintain your optimal health. There is no need to risk your overall health living in the unknown when a simple dental appointment can help identify if you are affected by gum disease.
Holistic Periodontal Therapy in Dallas
Lynn Dental Care is here to provide comprehensive periodontal healthcare you can rely on. To see how we can help you achieve overall health through your dental care, contact us today!