Periodontal Therapy in Dallas, TX
At Lynn Dental Care, our team focuses much of our energy on holistic preventive care, protecting the health of teeth and gums. Included in our holistic approach to oral healthcare is gentle periodontal therapy, with top gum disease and periodontal treatment in Dallas, TX and beyond!
Who Can Benefit from Periodontal Treatment?
Just like standard dental care, regular periodontal maintenance can benefit a wide variety of patients. As part of your typical dental routine, Dr. Lynn and his team always recommend brushing and flossing at least twice daily, but we understand that even those who are diligent about their oral health can be prone to periodontal issues. In fact, for almost half of the dental patients in the US, regular treatment is not sufficient to prevent oral diseases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 47% of Americans over the age of 30 have a form of periodontal disease. This means that just about everyone can benefit from regular periodontal maintenance.
Luckily, when you visit our Dallas dental office, you’ll be able to receive your regular dental check-ups and periodontal treatment all at once. Whether you would like to take preventative measures, or you are one of the many individuals already experiencing some form of periodontal disease, our team will help you get your oral health in optimal condition.
Prevention and Healing of Gum Disease
Not only is Dr. Brock Lynn an unparalleled caregiver in the area of dentistry, he is also a periodontal expert with extensive knowledge in treating gum disease. Maintaining healthy gums is essential to achieving positive oral health because your gums protect your roots and hold your teeth firmly in place. As a periodontist, Dr. Lynn has undergone training that allows him to provide healing in even the most problematic periodontal cases.
Some of the potential causes of periodontal disease are:
- Poor brushing habits
- Plaque buildup
- Tobacco Use
- Crooked teeth
- Conditions such as diabetes
- Hormonal changes in women
At Lynn Dental Care, we offer the following periodontal treatments:
- LANAP®: LANAP is an effective and minimally invasive laser gum disease treatment. It uses a gentle laser light to eliminate gum disease without scalpels, sutures, and with minimal bleeding. This stimulates the bone to encourage regeneration without the need for bone grafts.
- Scaling and root planing: “Deep cleaning” is what comes to mind when most people think of scaling and root planing. It is a nonsurgical treatment that is effective in treating mild to moderate gum disease.
- Gum grafting: Gum grafting treatments are used to restore your smile and protect your teeth when disease, bacteria, or improper oral care has caused gum recession.
- Pinhole surgical technique: The pinhole surgical technique treats gum recession, but unlike gum grafting, the procedure does not use grafts, scalpels, or sutures and is a gentle solution to treat gum recession.
- Crown lengthening: One of the gum issues that patients often feel self-conscious about is the appearance of a gummy smile. We offer crown lengthening treatments for those who are concerned about this.
- Gingivectomy and frenectomy: Gingivectomies and frenectomies are common types of soft tissue treatments that improve the health of the soft tissues in the mouth. This can be used to improve the appearance of your smile, or for gum disease treatment and speech enhancement.
Modern Treatment for Gentle Gum Disease Care
Preserve the health of your gums and support your total body wellness, with holistic periodontal care from Dr. Lynn. Start by giving Lynn Dental Care a call today!