How Gums Are Linked to Your Overall Health
At Lynn Dental Care, we emphasize the importance of diagnosing and treating gum disease before it worsens. Routine periodontal maintenance is best cared for when you keep up with frequent periodontal appointments. Researchers have linked gum disease to systemic health conditions, as the infection and bacteria in your mouth can spread through the bloodstream and affect other parts of your body. In order to keep your entire body healthy, we offer gum disease treatments that are minimally invasive and will get you on the path towards overall health.
To see how we can help you achieve overall health through your dental care, call us today at (972) 954-4434 or reach us online through the contact section below.
Systemic health conditions linked to gum disease:
- Heart disease: When gums become infected, blood flow can lead to an infection that travels through the body to the heart. Inflammation in the gums can also cause damage to the blood vessels that travel to the heart.
- Stroke: Studies have found that inflamed gums can harden the arteries that travel to the brain, slowing or even blocking blood flow. When blood can’t reach your brain, a stroke can occur.
- Diabetes: Gum disease can make it difficult to keep blood sugar under control. Those who can’t keep their blood sugar under control have an enhanced risk of further development of diabetes and gum disease.
- Pregnancy problems: Women with periodontal disease are at risk of adverse pregnancy problems such as low birth weight in babies and giving birth prematurely.
- Osteoporosis: Gum disease is known to cause damage to the jawbone that supports the teeth. As this bone deteriorates, the likelihood of tooth loss increases.
Specialized in Advanced Gum Care
As a board-certified periodontist, Dr. Brock Lynn has specialty training in the identification and treatment of all forms of gum disease. We offer a variety of effective treatments, from scaling and root planing to time-tested osseous surgery and even state-of-the-art laser dentistry. Dr. Lynn is certified and experienced in using our dental laser for gentle LANAP ® treatment of all forms of gum disease, even for gum disease affecting a dental implant. There is no need to risk your overall health living in the unknown when a simple dental appointment can help identify if you are affected by gum disease.
To see how we can help you achieve overall health through your dental care, call us today at (972) 954-4434 or contact us online.
Conscious Sedation Available In-House
Relaxing Office Environment
Continuous Education for Our Team Members
Board-Certified in Dental Implants & Periodontics
“Dr. Brock Lynn is very personable and that includes his team. He was very patient with me during my little tears session and got me taken care of in a very quick period of time.”- Roxanna J.
“My hygienist was completely covered in PPE and I felt safe. Healthy teeth are important to overall health and I’m glad I had a good experience during such an uncertain time.”- Jill T.
“I am impressed with the way they keep up with technology and advanced techniques that other dentists have either not learned about or not yet incorporated.”- Claire B.